To achieve the Governor’s Utah Life Elevated 2020 goals, DHS actively collaborates with the Governor’s Office of Management and Budget (GOMB) to use evidence-based principles and practices in operations management and quality process improvement. These projects work within GOMB’s SUCCESS framework and are grounded in the business concepts of Theory of Constraints.
For more information on DHS’ SUCCESS projects, contact Craig Walters.
SUCCESS Story: Child and Family Services, Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Pilot project to improve the effectiveness of CPS by generating capacity for case workers to invest in trust building and standardizing a process to appropriately increase family engagement.
- From January 2017 to September 2017 the pilot:
- served more than 1,500 individuals:
- experienced a 15% increase in the number of cases coming into CPS;
- demonstrated improved management of work in process (WIP) by decreasing the average count of cases open on a given day by 18%; and
- experienced a 10% increase in touchpoints.
- SUCCESS+ was announced by the Governor in July 2017, In support of the Governor’s Life Elevated 2020 Initiative
- DHS’ SUCCESS+ project is focused synchronizing person-centered, clinically/professionally led, family/individual driven services plans across the department to more effectively and efficiently achieve our mission